Allco JM TPO
Product Technical Statement: 110936
single ply, fully bonded membrane for roofs and decks.
||Level of assurance needed to demonstrate NZ Building Code Compliance
Supporting documentation should include technical information by manufacturer and either a BRANZ or independent Appraisal or CodeMark
||Allco confirms that this minimum level of assurance has been met or exceeded by the following:
JM TPO Membrane is a single ply, polyester fabric reinforced, thermoplastic polyolefin [TPO] fully bonded waterproofing sheet membrane for roofs and decks.
Scope of use
JM TPO Membrane has been appraised as roof and deck waterproofing membrane on buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; or,
- the scope of limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area when subject to specific structural design; and,
- with substrates of plywood, strandsarking (roofs only) or suspended concrete slab; and,
- with minimum falls for roofs of 1:30 and decks of 1:1.JO; and,
- with deck size limited to I.JO m2; and,
- situated in NZS 3601.J Wind Zones. up to, and including Extra High.
JM TPO Membrane has also been appraised as roof and deck waterproofing membrane on buildings within the following scope:
- subject to specific structural and weathertightness design; and,
- with substrates of plywood, strandsarking (roofs only) or suspended concrete slab;
- and, situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 6 kPa; and,
- with the weathertightness design of junctions for each specific structure being the responsibility of the building designer.
The membrane must be installed by Allco Approved Applicators.
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1, B2.3.1(b)
- Clause E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.1, E2.3.2, E2.3.6
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
The product has and can make available the following additional evidence to support the above statements:
Allco Waterproofing Solutions Limited should be contacted for the best system to meet design requirements.
- JM TPO Membrane is for use on roofs, decks. balconies, gutters and parapets where an impervious waterproof membrane is required to prevent damage to building elements and adjoining areas.
- JM TPO Membrane can be adversely affected by contact with bituminous substances. The membrane supplier should be contacted for advice in this situation.
- The effective control of internal moisture must be considered at the design stage due to the impermeability of the membrane. Refer to BRANZ publication Good Practice Guide: Membrane Roofing.
- Where regular foot traffic on the roof is envisaged i.e. maintenance of lift equipment, a walkway should be installed to ensure the membrane is protected. The JM TPD Membrane is designed for limited, irregular pedestrian access only.
- JM TPO Membrane when used on decks requires a pedestal protection.
Installation of the membranes must be completed by Allco Waterproofing Solutions Limited Approved Applicators.
Installation of substrates must be completed by or under the supervision of Licensed Building Practitioners with the relevant License Class, in accordance with instructions given within the Allco Waterproofing Solutions Limited Technical Literature and this Appraisal.
Maintenance requirements of the membrane are provided by Allco Waterproofing Solutions Limited.
JM TPO Membrane when subjected to normal conditions of environment and with proper maintenance can expect to have a serviceable life of at least 15 years.
||Member of New Zealand Green Building Council
||Date last validated: 23 September 2020
||Date last updated: 23 September 2020
The Product Technical Statement (PTS) template is copyright to Construction Information Limited. However the content of this PTS is the responsibility of the product manufacturer/supplier.
Refer to the miproducts Terms and Conditions
|Allco Waterproofing Solutions Ltd
Allco Agencies Ltd was incorporated in 1975 as a company specialising in Waterproofing Products, seismic joints and related construction chemicals. In the last 30 years we are proud to have supplied quality products and solutions to a number of major structures nationwide.