Altus Window Systems All Seasons™ 41mm Thermal system
Product Technical Statement: 112176
All Seasons™ For Healthy Homes
||Level of assurance needed to demonstrate NZ Building Code Compliance
Supporting documentation should include technical information by manufacturer and either an independent assessment or reference to an industry-based scheme
||Altus Window Systems confirms that this minimum level of assurance has been met or exceeded by the following:
E2 External Moisture - AS1
The AllSeasons™ system is a residential aluminium joinery range that has a thermal break built into the design. In essence the thermal break reduces the thermal transference of cold or heat through the frame. This in turn reduces the energy required to heat or cool a home.
With AllSeasons™ pour and debridge, a channel designed into the extrusion is filled with a resin, then milled to create a break.
AllSeasons™ differs from other thermally broken products available in New Zealand in that it is made using the 'Pour & Debridge' manufacturing method. This method involves the filling of a channel designed into the extrusion with a resin, then the milling out of the back of the channel to create a 5mm break in the aluminium.
This method has a number differences to the "Polyamide Strip' method (which involves joining 2 extrusions together using a 10mm+ polyamide strip crimped to each of the frames) which is the alternative system offered in New Zealand.
Put simply, a thermal break extends the benefits of double-glazing to the frames of your windows and doors. Just as double-glazing prevents warmth or coldness escaping through the glass, the thermal break does the same for your joinery.
Scope of use
- A home that's warmer in winter and cooler in summer
- A more comfortable, healthier environment
- Reduced condensation
- Energy savings
- Improved weather tightness
- Structural Strength
- Thermal Performance
- Significant energy savings
- Can me manufactured with the Altus Window Systems Proprietary Connection systems (patented)Increases your home’s R value by over 100% on standard double glazing
- Easier to maintain the optimal ‘healthy home’ temperature
- Unique AllSeasons™ system can produce larger windows and doors than alternative systems
- Attractive, modern square profile
- Suits up to extra high wind zones
According to health experts, the ideal temperature for a healthy home is around 18 degrees celsius. Making your home thermally efficient – by choosing the right building products - is the key to achieving this. You’ll find it easier to heat or cool your home to this optimal temperature.
We’ve called our joinery range ‘AllSeasons™’ because it helps to keep your home more comfortable, any time of the year
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(b)
- Clause E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.2
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
The product meets the requirements set out in the following documents, or relevant parts of cited standards within the documents:
The product has and can make available the following additional evidence to support the above statements:
- In winter, it helps to prevent the coldness coming inside – or the warmth escaping - via your windows and doors. It works the same way in summer, by keeping the air cooler inside. So, whatever the weather is doing outside, you’ll find it easier to set just the right temperature indoors.
- Even with double-glazing, condensation can still form on joinery and edges of the glass if there’s no thermal break. With AllSeasons™, you’ll have maximum protection against condensation, for a drier and healthier home.
- The R value is the measure of how well a product insulates. By combining your standard clear double glazing with AllSeasons™ aluminium framing, you’ll increase your windows R value by 35%. (This increases to 108% if your double-glazing has Low-E and Argon gas).
- Our framing is built to suit larger windows and doors, making it the ideal product for creating superb indoor-outdoor flow.
- AllSeasons™ can be used for windows and doors of larger configurations (e.g doors of up to 2.6m).
Stylish square profile
- AllSeasons™ framing has a sleek square profile, not rounded, to suit modern architectural aesthetics.
Ideal for any climate
- AllSeasons™ is strong enough for all climatic conditions, including “extra high” wind zones.
Up to 30mm IGUs
- Our frames can accommodate widths of IGU (Insulated Glazing Unit) up to 30mm.
- Included both Double Glazing and Triple Glazing
Specific installation instructions for Altus Windows Systems' innovative products. These details focus on the fixing of the unit. For specific weathertightness details refer back to Part 2, the WGANZ / Altus document.
There are 4 pages that represent cavity construction and the methods required for installation of Euroslider / stacker and bifolds into such. The claddings are shown as generic only.
There are 8 pages that represent direct fix construction. 4 for thinner cladding types and 4 for thicker cladding types and the methods required for installation of Euroslider / stacker and bifolds into such. The claddings are shown as generic only, in thicker or thinner forms.
Download WGANZ Installation Instructions
Instructions on how to use, install and maintain Altus Window Systems joinery are available from Altus or any of its distributors. These instructions must be followed if aluminium joinery is to meet any quality or performance assurance.
Regular cleaning is essential if the finish of anodised aluminium is to be preserved over a long period. Cleaning the anodised aluminium should be washed down with warm water and a suitable wetting agent or mild soap solution, in a similar manner to washing a car.
View Care and Maintenance Instructions
We are the first aluminium extruder in NZ to have undertaken a Life Cycle Assessment.
This is a fair, holistic assessment of raw material production, manufacture, distribution, use and disposal including all intervening transportation steps necessary or caused by the manufacture and distribution of Altus Windows' products and services. The Life Cycle Assessment data allows us to continuously optimise our environmental performance.
||ISO 9001 (Quality Management)
||Environmental Choice New Zealand
||New Zealand Made
||Member of New Zealand Green Building Council
||Date last validated: 11 February 2022
||Date last updated: 11 February 2022
The Product Technical Statement (PTS) template is copyright to Construction Information Limited. However the content of this PTS is the responsibility of the product manufacturer/supplier.
Refer to the miproducts Terms and Conditions
|Altus Window Systems
Altus Window Systems is a leading brand in innovative product design underpinned by a trusted and proud fabricator network. We understand how important it is to build long-lasting relationships. Excellent communication, attention to detail and overall service are key to a relationship with Altus. Our fabricators brands include Bradnams, Fisher, Nebulite, Nulook, Rylock and Vistalite
||All Seasons Thermal 41 System
||Atlantic48 High Performance System
||Baltic Commercial - Curtainwall
||Baltic Commercial - Flushglaze
||Baltic Commercial - Shopfront
||Pacific Thermal 52 & 60 System
||uPVC Window & Door System