Ground-breaking European innovation that uses high-energy electrons at a controlled rate to cure and create the ultimate smooth and abrasion resistant surface. The result is a surface that delivers superior fingerprint and scratch resistance, coupled with natural silver ion antibacterial protection, to ensure your surface stays looking smarter and cleaner for longer.
- Non porous material with a warm finish and feel
- Superior scratch resistance compared to other surfaces like traditional laminates
- Scuffs and abrasions are repairable using a melamine sponge (commonly known as a magic sponge)
- Antimicrobial protection – with natural silver ion
- Fingerprint resistant
- Stain and heat resistance comparable to traditional laminates (refer to Technical Data Sheet for details)
- UV stable indoor use
- Fire rating of Group 3
- 7 year warranty
Scope of use
Alucci™’s warm velvety feel brings a sense of luxury to every application, and is suitable for both residential and commercial spaces.
- Internal doors
- Wall linings
- Splashback/upstands (Alucci™ Apex needs to be pressed to a suitable substrate and then adhered to the wall.)
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(c)
- Clause C3 Fire affecting areas beyond the fire source: Performance C3.4(a)
- Clause E3 Internal moisture: Performance E3.3.4
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
The product meets the requirements set out in the following documents, or relevant parts of cited standards within the documents:
Fire Group Classification: The Group Number Classification below was generated from tests carried out and data recorded in accordance with the test procedure described in ISO 5660 2002 – Reaction to Fire test – Part 1: Heat Release & Part 2: Smoke Production Rate, for the purposes of determination of the Group Classification in accordance with the New Zealand Building Code Verification Method C/VM2
Alucci™ Apex is bonded to Lakepine MDF substrate: Group Number Classification 3
The product has and can make available the following additional evidence to support the above statements:
Alucci™ Apex comes in large sheet size of 3600 x 1500 x 0.7mm which gives greater optimisation. It is non-postformable so we recommend either clashing or edging with Alucci™ edgetape. Press to your choice of substrate– Such as particleboard, MDF or a good quality ply. If using in vertical applications as a panel, the balance backing sheet should be High Pressure Laminate of the same 0.7mm thickness
Please refer to your Fabricator or Joiner for specific requirements for your project.
Laminex New Zealand has established GREENfirst® to encompass numerous programmes of environmental management. This reflects our belief that action must follow good intentions and ambitious goals. We are taking action to:
- reduce energy use throughout the life of our products through finding and implementing economical energy-efficient solutions for our businesses;
- ensure active water stewardship;
- reduce carbon emissions by optimising energy usage in the production of our products;
- work with suppliers to increase recycled and eco-friendly content in our raw materials, making mandatory the use of fibres from sustainable forests;
- ensure that our products and services meet or exceed requirements of ISO14001
- Eliminate or minimise waste from products, services and workplaces.
- Participation in clusters which provide education and advocacy in sustainability including New Zealand Green Building Council; Sustainable Business Network and EnviroSpec.
||Member of New Zealand Green Building Council