Marshall Innovations Marshall Weatherization System
Product Technical Statement: 100968
Tekton Building Wrap, HYDRA Roof/ Wall Underlay, Super-Stick Building Tape, Trade-seal, Seam Tape
||Level of assurance needed to demonstrate NZ Building Code Compliance
Supporting documentation should include technical information by manufacturer and either a BRANZ or independent Appraisal or CodeMark
||Marshall Innovations confirms that this minimum level of assurance has been met or exceeded by the following:
The Marshall® Weatherization System consists of Tekton® Building Wrap, HYDRA Roof Wall Underlay, HYDRA Roof Underlay, SUPER-STICK Building Tape or One Piece Sill Tape, Tekton Seam Tape & TradeSeals. The system is used behind roof and wall cladding systems and around framed joinery openings as a secondary weather resistant barrier.
Scope of use
The Marshall® Weatherization System has been appraised for use on buildings within the following scope:
- constructed with timber framing in accordance with the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 or,
- constructed with steel framing subject to specific engineering design, with the building height and floor plan area in accordance with scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1; and,
- with absorbent wall claddings directly fixed to frame complying with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 or covered by a valid BRANZ Appraisal that specifies a flexible wall underlay and a flexible flashing system; or,
- with absorbent and non-absorbent wall claddings installed over an 18 mm minimum drained cavity complying with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 or covered by a valid BRANZ Appraisal that specifies a flexible wall underlay or a rigid wall underlay with flexible underlay over and flexible flashing system; or,
- with masonry veneer in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 for timber framed buildings or specific design for steel framed buildings; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to and including Very High where the flexible wall underlay is directly fixed to the frame, and up to and including Extra High where the underlay is used over rigid wall underlays.
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(a), B2.3.1(b), B2.3.2
- Clause E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.2
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
This is an Alternative Solution in terms of the New Zealand Building Code
The product meets the requirements set out in the following documents, or relevant parts of cited standards within the documents:
Tekton Weatherization System is an Alternative Solution in terms of New Zealand Building Code compliance.
The product has and can make available the following additional evidence to support the above statements:
Please refer to Marshall Weatherization System Technical Specification for technical product details, guidance and limitations.
Please refer to Marshall Weatherization System Specification and BRANZ Appraisal # 621 (2020) for full details of installation.
Marshall Weatherization System must be installed by or under the guidance of an Licensed Building Practitioners
All products used in the Marshall Weatherization System are warranted to be free of defect in manufacture for a period of fifteen years. This warranty is limited to replacement of the products only. Marshall Innovations (the distributor) is not liable for incorrect installation or any accidental or willful damage.
||Date last validated: 17 July 2020
||Date last updated: 17 July 2020
The Product Technical Statement (PTS) template is copyright to Construction Information Limited. However the content of this PTS is the responsibility of the product manufacturer/supplier.
Refer to the miproducts Terms and Conditions
|Marshall Innovations Ltd
Marshall Innovations distribute a range of imported and New Zealand manufactured products primarily aimed at protecting the external building envelope.
||AFM/WM Anti-Fracture Waterproofing Membrane (internal)
||Protecto Sill System
||ProtectoWall Tanking System
||Tekton Weatherization System